The release of Entrypoint i4 takes the Entrypoint product series to a new level. Entrypoint i4 is a cross-platform application that runs on a wide array of operating systems.
The architecture is designed for maximum flexibility due to its modular plug-in framework. Several key elements of the system take advantage of this framework, which allows adding or updating components after installation. The exporter and report generation systems are designed this way, making it possible to create custom report types or data export formats. Since back-end (database) providers are modular, they support nearly any database engine.
Users can perform most of their tasks—including data entry—through a web application while the Application Studio and Desktop Workstation run locally. Both desktop applications communicate with the server through a TCP/IP protocol, enhancing performance and providing additional functionality. For example, developers can deploy applications to the web server directly from the Application Studio.
- Standards-based, cross-platform design
- Modular, plug-in based storage design—use a local embedded database or third-party product
- A Web application interface to capture, manage, monitor and export data, view logs and audits, and manage security and configuration
- An Application Studio desktop application—build forms intuitively, edit field attributes and work with scripted logic
- A Desktop Workstation application with greater performance and advanced features such as verification and key-from-image data entry
- Modular report engine
- Modular export engine—CSV or delimited files, XML, SAS, PDF (form images), or customized formats
- Support for monitoring data over the life cycle of a batch via a data flags mechanism
- End-to-end audit trail of all data and system events
- Fine-grained, role-based security model
- Effortless deployment and configuration